The Technical Services Division manages and oversees the Information Technology (IT) projects for the Emergency Communications 9-1-1 Center. The primary duties and responsibilities of the Technical Services Division include:
- Oversees technology solutions and submits recommendations for improvements to the Emergency Communications 9-1-1 Director
- Manages project upgrades to the Department's technology systems
- Manages and cultivates vendor relationships
- Assists in the development of the Technical Services Division budget
- Obtains comprehensive quotes and reviews technology purchases
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving technical related issues
- Coordinates all system upgrades
- Department liaison for public safety responders and other agencies utilizing Fulton County services via the Emergency Communications Center
- Develops and maintains the Departments technical documentation
- Creates and develops presentations
- Submits monthly reports
The Technical Services Division Manager reports to the Emergency Communications Director and the Department of Information Technology Director of Fulton County.
The Technical Services staff is responsible for maintenance and technical support of the following technology systems currently used in the Emergency Communications 911 Center:
- InterAct Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
- Motorola 800 MHz Analog SmartNet Radio System
- NICE Systems Telephony & Radio Recording System
- AT&T Positron Telephone System
- eOn Automated Call Distribution (ACD) System
- Motorola Premiere Mobile Data Communication (PMDC)
The daily technical operational needs for Fulton County's Public Safety Systems are consistently monitored and evaluated by the Technical Services Division for quality assurances in functionality and the availability of services.
Technology-related purchases for the Emergency Communications 911 Center follow the county procurement policies. You can click this link to view the current bid opportunities and find out more information about participating in county procurement.