Fulton County Logo
Contact the County
Planning and Community Services banner

How much will a building permit cost and what do I need to get one? | Print |

Please see the Fee Schedules and Tables on our website.

General Permitting Requirements:

A minimum of two site plans of the property, drawn to engineers scale for new structures and additions. The site plans should not exceed 11" x 17". Please see the Site Plan Review Checklist.  For commercial, office or apartment construction, you must first have your building plans approved by this department. Submit 3 sets of plans and allow 2-5 days for review.

For all commercial, office or apartment construction (excluding apartment interior construction), you must first have an approved Land Disturbance Permit. Information on how to apply for a Land Disturbance Permit may be obtained from our Plans Review Division at 404-612-7800.

For residential properties, you must be located in a recorded subdivision, your exact lot must have existed before 1967 or you must have an approved Plat. If your property is located within 2,000 feet of the Chattahoochee River, you must have an approved River Corridor Application. For information on how to file a River Corridor Permit, call our office at 404-612-7800.

You will also pay water and sewer hook-up fees at the time you receive a building permit, as well as a $25 processing fee.If your property will use a septic tank, you must first have a Septic Tank Permit from the Health Department. Call the Fulton County Health Department at 404-613-1205 for details.


Translate This Page

One Fulton Blog
24 hour Tell Line Report Code Violations banner