N O T I C E !!! ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† N O T I C E !!! ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† N O T I C E !!!!
THE SOUTH SERVICE CENTER, ¬†LOCATED AT 5600 STONEWALL TELL ROAD IN COLLEGE PARK WILL BE C L O S E D ALL DAY ON THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18 AND FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19. WILL REOPEN MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2016.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THAT THIS MAY CAUSE. ¬† PLEASE VISIT OUR ¬†DOWNTOWN OFFICE ON THESE DAYS. ¬† THANK YOU.
N O T I C E!!
No bills larger than $20.00 are accepted for cash transactions in the Probate Court.
136 Pryor Street SW
The mission of the Probate Court is to carry out the duties assigned to it under the Constitution and laws of Georgia as a Court of Record with exclusive jurisdiction over the following:
- deceased persons' estates
- guardianship of minors and incapacitated adults
- determining the need for involuntary treatment of mentally ill
- mentally retarded and drug and alcohol dependent individuals
- issuance of marriage and firearms licenses.
The Probate Court has original and exclusive jurisdiction over:
- the probating of wills of decedents
- appointing administrators and executors of decedent's estates
- issuing marriage and firearms licenses
- appointing guardians for minors and incapacitated adults
- holding hearings and making judicial determinations in all controversies involving incapacitated adults, minors, and estates of decedents.