136 Pryor Street SW
The mission of the Probate Court is to carry out the duties assigned to it under the Constitution and laws of Georgia as a Court of Record with exclusive jurisdiction over the following:
- deceased persons' estates
- guardianship of minors and incapacitated adults
- determining the need for involuntary treatment of mentally ill
- mentally retarded and drug and alcohol dependent individuals
- issuance of marriage and firearms licenses.
The Probate Court has original and exclusive jurisdiction over:
- the probating of wills of decedents
- appointing administrators and executors of decedent's estates
- issuing marriage and firearms licenses
- appointing guardians for minors and incapacitated adults
- holding hearings and making judicial determinations in all controversies involving incapacitated adults, minors, and estates of decedents.