Fulton County Airport-Brown Field
| Print |
Aviation management administers contracted airfield operations and fixed based operator services; manages tenant leases and maintenance of Airport-related buildings, Airfield pavement and associated support systems; and executes capital improvement projects in conjunction with Airport Master Plan.
Brown Field is designated as a general aviation reliever to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL) and is located six miles west of downtown Atlanta at the interchange of Interstate 20 and I-285.¬†¬† This means it does not serve scheduled airline traffic but may accept overflow general aviation traffic diverted from ATL during times of inclement weather or emergencies.
- Brown Field encompasses 985 acres with an air traffic control tower and fire station, manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The primary runway, RWY 8/26, is 5,796 feet long and is complimented by a full parallel taxiway and a precision instrument landing system for operation during bad weather events.¬† Two additional visual runways are available for aircraft operations, as well.
- Two fixed based operators provide transient and base customers fuel and maintenance:
- Hill Aircraft Corp
- Signature Flight Support
- Annual Operations:¬† Approximately 56,000 Operations (take-off or landing)
- Avg. Daily Operations: 164
Fulton County Airport-Brown Field plays a vital role in supporting the region with 1,184 jobs with an annual payroll of $62M and $158M in economic output for the local and regional economies.
Douglas Barrett, Airport Manager
3952 Aviation Circle, Room 200
Atlanta, GA 30336