The Safe Kids Program/Safe Kids Fulton County Coalition is dedicated to fighting the Number 1 killer of children- unintentional injuries.
Safe Kids Fulton County is a non-profit organization made up of safety officials, specialists and volunteers countywide. Safe Kids teaches safety skills and provides safety tips to parents, caregivers and children throughout Fulton County on preventing unintentional injuries.
Goal:Â Â The overall goal for Safe Kids Fulton County is to save kidsâ€™ lives by developing and conducting programs that reduce or eliminate preventable, unintentional injuries and deaths.
Safe kids Fulton County targets the four most common areas of unintentional injuries through education and awareness:
- Traffic Injuries (passenger, pedestrian, bicycle)
- Fires and Burns
- Drowning and near drowning
- Poison Prevention
The hands on work of the Safe kids Fulton Program includes:
- Safety Fairs/Community Festivals
- Injury Prevention Educational Workshops/Presentations
- Bike Rodeos
- Child Safety Seat Classes/Workshops/Child Safety Seat Check Up Events
- Child Safety Seat Awareness Classes for Health Professionals
- Child Safety Seat Inspection Stations
- Distribution of safety equipment (based on inventory) and safety information
All services available upon request. Thirty (30) to sixty (60) days advance request is required.
For additional information,Â please call Carolyn Atwater-Wooten 404-612-1309