Opportunities available to meet with banks regarding mortgage modifications
The Georgia International Convention Center (GICC) in Fulton County will be the next stop for the Making Home Affordable program. County residents can take advantage of the event on Friday, June 1 and Saturday, June 2, 2012, to meet with their banks in an effort to save their homes from foreclosure. The event will run from 1:00 pm - 8:00 p.m. on June 1, and from 9:00 am - 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 2. The GICC is located at 2000 Convention Center Concourse in College Park, GA 30337. The event is sponsored by the Making Home Affordable Program.
Homeowners who are having trouble making mortgage payments and those who are unemployed are urged to attend. Residents with properties listed for sale are also urged to attend. The event will provide opportunities for homeowners to meet one-on-one with their mortgage companies or to meet with a HUD-approved housing counselor to identify options to avoid foreclosure on their homes.
To get the most out of the event, homeowners will need to bring the following documents and forms:
- Request for Mortgage Assistance form
- IRS Form 4506T-EZ and/or their last two years of tax returns.
Monthly Mortgage Statement
- Information about other mortgages on the home, if applicable
- Two most recent pay stubs for all household members contributing toward the mortgage payment
If self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement
- Documentation of income you receive from other sources (alimony, child support, social security, etc.)
- Two most recent bank statements
- A utility bill showing homeowner name and property address
- Unemployment insurance letter, if applicable
To obtain free help gathering required documents, call 1-888 -995-HOPE (4673) or visit www.MakingHomeAffordable.gov
Making Home Affordable Flyer