Water/Sewer Billing | Print |

Water & Sewer Billing & Collections Division
141 Pryor Street, SW, 7th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303

Main Customer Service Line: 404-612-6830
Fax Number: 404-730-7309 or 404-612-2232

The Water & Sewer Billing and Collection Division manages the water and sewer accounts for residents in north Fulton County north of the Chattahoochee River. We also manage garbage collection accounts for residents who incurred charges prior to 1997 only. Our goal is to provide accurate and timely billing and collections for water & sewer service. We also seek to offer courteous and quality customer service.

View the Pay My Water Bill Online site

Frequently Asked Questions

Location and Directions

Q: Where is the Water & Sewer Billing and Collections office located?
A: Our office is on the 7th floor of the Government Center Building located at 141 Pryor Street, SW in Atlanta. As an alternative, cash payments can be made at the Citgo Food Mart located at 174 N. Main Street in Alpharetta Monday – Saturday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.

Q: What is your mailing address?
A: Fulton County Finance Department,
Water & Sewer Division, 141 Pryor St SW, 7th Floor Atlanta, GA 30303

Q: What are your hours of operation?
A:  Customer Service Representatives are available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Government Center Building is open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Our office will be closed for the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday), Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day & New Year’s Eve Day.

Return to the Top

Transfer of Service

Q: What areas do you service?
A: Fulton County Water & Sewer Division services the City of Alpharetta and the unincorporated sections of Alpharetta, Duluth, Milton, Suwannee, and Woodstock.

Q: Do you directly provide water, sewer, or sanitation service to the residents of the City of Atlanta or other incorporated cities?
A: No. Our Division does not directly provide service to the residents of the City of Atlanta or other municipalities. If you are a resident of the City of Atlanta or another city, please contact your respective municipalities for more information. Exceptions: As of May 2005, Fulton County now provides water and sewer service to the City of Alpharetta. If you have garbage collection/sanitation charges which were incurred prior to 1997 and you live in the City of Atlanta, please call the Main Customer Service Line at (404) 612-6830 for more information
. (Fulton County cities)

Q: I am a new customer. What information should I know? A: The link provides useful information about the summer rate schedule, meter obstructions and other important information (
New Customer Information).

Q: How often will I be billed?
A: Residential and hydrant meter customers are billed every 2 months, and commercial customers are billed every month.

Q: I am the owner of a rental property and it is vacant. Do I need to transfer the service into my name?
A: Yes. When a rental property is vacant, the owner is responsible for the water and sewer bill. Please call the Main Customer Service Line at (404) 612-6830 to transfer the service.

Q: Why do I continue to receive bills for water and/or sewer service charges when I am not using water or sewer service?
A: You will continue to receive at least a minimum bill for water and/or sewer service charges, which covers meter maintenance and readings.

Return to the Top

High Bill/Consumption/Leaks

Q: My bill appears to be higher than normal. What could be the cause?
A: Between the dates listed on your last bill, did you do any of the following:

  • Have more guests in your home;
  • Landscape your yard (i.e. Put down sod/grass);
  • Pressure wash your driveway or house; or
  • Have any plumbing repairs completed, even if minor.

If any one of the above applies, then this could be a reason for the increase in your consumption and your bill. If none of the above applies, then we suggest you conduct a leak test (See Next Question).

Q: Will Fulton County test for leaks in or around my house?
A: No. Fulton County employees are not permitted to work on private property; therefore we cannot test for leaks on your property. However, you can conduct a simple test for leaks (
Leak Test Instructions).

Q: I have found a leak at my property, what should I do now?
A: Fulton County is not responsible for repairing leaks on the customers side of the meter; the customer must repair those leaks. Once you have repaired the leak, then you can send/fax in the Leak Adjustment Form and a copy of the repair receipts (
Leak Adjustment Form). When the appropriate documents have been received, your account will be reviewed by our Adjustments' Section to see if you are eligible for an adjustment. Please note: Review the Leak Adjustment Form to make sure you have the appropriate documents. Sending/faxing the incorrect documents will delay reviewing your account.

Q: Can I receive an adjustment for filling my pool?
A: Fulton County gives a one-time credit to water and sewer customers for filling their pools. If this is the first time you are filling your pool at this property, please fill out and send/fax the Pool Credit Form (
Pool Credit Form). Exception: If you made repairs to your pool and it was necessary to refill the pool, please fill out the Pool Credit Form and send/fax the repair receipts along with the Pool Credit Form.

Return to the Top


Q: Do you accept credit / debit cards or phone payments?
A:  Yes. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Debit Cards only. No American Express or Discover. Payments can also be made via the web at waterbilling.fultoncountyga.gov. No phone payments. As an alternative, you have the option of enrolling in the Direct Debit Payment Program (Direct Debit Form).

Q: What should I do if my bank has notified me of a returned check?
A: You should call our office as soon as you are notified. You will be asked to send in a payment in the amount of the check plus an additional $25.00 for the returned check to 141 Pryor St SW, 7th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30303. This payment must be made in the form of cash, a cashier's check, or a money order. Please note: Another check is not an acceptable form of payment when you are paying for a returned check.

Return to the Top

Termination of Service

Q: My service was turned off or I found a lock on my meter. What do I need to do to have my service restored today?

A: First, do not remove the lock. If you remove or disturb the lock a $460 tampering fine will be charged to your account and Fulton County will remove your meter. To find out what is needed to have your service restored please call the Main Customer Service Line at (404) 612-6830. Your service may have been turned off either for non-payment or not providing proper account information. The payment or information must be received by 1 p.m. Monday Thursday or by noon on Fridays. Please note: Payments for terminated service must be made in collectible funds (ie. cash, a cashier's check, or a money order).

Q: When will my service be restored?
A: To ensure service is restored the same day, your Payment and Voicemail must be received by 12:00pm Monday through Friday. Services will be restored between 12:00pm and 2:30pm Monday through Friday. Any payments received after 12:00pm the service will be restored the next business day.

Q: My water should have been restored today. The water came on briefly, but it is off again. Or, it is after 5 p.m. and I still do not have water. Why is my service off?
A: Your water should have been restored. The Meter Reader may have found water passing through the meter. This means that water was left running in your home or you have a leak. The Meter Reader took the lock off the meter, but he left the curb stop off to prevent damage to your property by overflowing water. The Meter Reader should have left instructions for you to turn the curb stop back on yourself. You can usually turn the curb stop on with a water meter key. If you have unsuccessfully attempted to turn the curb stop on using the instructions left, then upon your request Fulton County will return to your property the next business day to turn on the curb stop. (
Curb Stop Instructions)

Return to the Top

Domestic, Irrigation, or Fire Hydrant Meters

Q: Can I apply for an irrigation meter?
You can obtain more information about irrigation meters by contacting Simone Rolland at (404) 612-0883 to complete an application.   The cost is approximately $2,385 for the meter and installation.   The water rate will be $3.05 per thousand gallons and there will be no sewer charges.

Q: Where can I apply for a  hydrant meter?
A:   You can apply for an hydrant meter through the Public Works office by contacting Simone Rolland at (404)612-0883 to complete an application.

Q: How much is the deposit for a hydrant meter?
A: A $1,500.00 deposit is required.

Q: I received a bill for service at 141 Pryor Street, but we do not have a project at this location. What is this bill for?
A: That bill is for the usage from a fire hydrant meter used in north Fulton County. As a fire hydrant customer you are responsible for calling in the readings. Please call (404) 612-7561 to call in your reading.

Return to the Top

If you have more specific billing inquiries, please call the Main Customer Service Line at (404) 612-6830.

Municipality Telephone Listings For Water and Sewer

City / County
Phone Number Website
Alpharetta 678-297-6060 www.alpharetta.ga.us
Atlanta 404-658-6500 www.atlantaga.gov
Cherokee County 770-479-1813 www.cherokeega.com
Clayton County 770-961-2130 www.co.clayton.ga.us
Cobb County 770-423-1000 www.cobbcounty.org
College Park 404-669-3757 www.collegeparkga.com
DeKalb County 404-378-4475 www.co.dekalb.ga.us
Douglasville County 770-949-7617 www.douglas.co.us
East Point 404-270-7010 www.eastpointcity.org
Fairburn 770-964-2244 www.fairburn.com
Fayette County 770-461-1146 http://www.fayettecountyga.gov/water/index.asp
Gwinnett County 678-376-6800 www.gwinnettcounty.com
Hapeville 404-669-2120 www.hapeville.org
Mountain Park 770-993-4231 mountainpark-ga.gov
Palmetto 770-463-3377 N/A
Roswell 770-641-3759 www.roswellgov.com
Sandy Springs 770-730-5600 www.sandyspringsga.org
Union City 770-964-2288
x304 or x309

For online access to Georgia government, visit www.georgia.gov